Corning ALTOS® figure-8 gel-filled cables are self-supporting aerial cables designed for easy and economical one-step installation.
The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber.
While the flexible, craft-friendly buffer tubes are easy to route in closures, the SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates midspan access.
The figure-8 cable design allows easy, one-step installation, using standard hardware and installation methods. These cables have a medium density polyethylene jacket that is rugged, durable and easy to strip.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640
• Fiber Count: 60
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Number of Tube Positions: 6
• Number of Active Tubes: 5
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 403 kg/km (270 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.4 dB/km / 0.4 dB/km / 0.3 dB/km
• Figure-8 cable design
Easy, one-step installation
• Innovative waterblocking design
Provides efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation
• Medium-density polyethylene jacket
Rugged, durable and easy to strip (while providing superior protection against UV radiation, fungus, abrasion and other environmental factors)