Corning ALTOS® figure-8 gel-filled cables are self-supporting aerial cables designed for easy and economical one-step installation.
The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber.
While the flexible, craft-friendly buffer tubes are easy to route in closures, the SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates midspan access.
The figure-8 cable design allows easy, one-step installation, using standard hardware and installation methods. These cables have a medium density polyethylene jacket that is rugged, durable and easy to strip.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: 50 µm MM (OM2)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640
• Fiber Count: 96
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Number of Tube Positions: 8
• Number of Active Tubes: 8
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 443 kg/km (297 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: OM2
• Wavelengths: 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 3.4 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet: 550 m / 300 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet: 33 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth: 700 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB): 950 MHz*km / - MHz*km
• Figure-8 cable design
Easy, one-step installation
• Innovative waterblocking design
Provides efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation
• Medium-density polyethylene jacket
Rugged, durable and easy to strip (while providing superior protection against UV radiation, fungus, abrasion and other environmental factors)