Corning ALTOS® figure-8 gel-free cables are self-supporting aerial cables designed for easy and economical one-step installation. The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber. The gel-free design is fully waterblocked using craft-friendly water-swellable materials, making cable access simple and requiring no clean up. While the flexible, craft-friendly buffer tubes are easy to route in closures, the SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates mid-span access.
The figure-8 cable design allows easy, one-step installation, using standard hardware and installation methods. These cables have a medium density polyethylene jacket that is rugged, durable and easy to strip.
This cable incorporates innovative waterblocking materials, eliminating the need for traditional flooding compound and providing efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation. While the concentric, self-supporting cable design allows easy, one-step installation using standard hardware and installation methods, the SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates mid-span access. The ADSS optical cables are also available with a proprietary track-resistant polyethylene (TRPE) jacket suitable for installation in electric field potentials up to 25 kV.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: Telcordia GR-20, ICEA-640
• Fiber Count: 144
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Number of Tube Positions: 12
• Number of Active Tubes: 12
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 527 kg/km (353 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.4 dB/km / 0.4 dB/km / 0.3 dB/km
• Gel-free waterblocking technology
Craft friendly cable preparation
• Medium-density polyethylene jacket
Rugged, durable and easy to strip (while providing superior protection against UV radiation, fungus, abrasion and other environmental factors)
• Figure-8 cable design
Easy, one-step installation