Reel in a Box is 216 F Corning's innovative packaging solution for small reels of fiber optic cable in all inside plant applications, such as collocation data centers and wireless projects. This packaging solution provides features that enable our customers greater efficiencies than before.
Corning FREEDM® fan-out cables are designed for routing inside and outside buildings into riser spaces, to security, surveillance or monitoring cameras, and within telecommunications rooms and workstations. With no need for transition splices when entering a building, this cable provides low-fiber-count connections within building backbone riser and horizontal spaces. The indoor/outdoor temperature and water-resistant performance provides superior protection for applications, like traffic control, with optical feeds in rugged environments.
Ideal for providing direct optical connections from indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras to security control locations, these cables can also provide a secure link for surveillance or data. The flame-retardant, 900 μm TBII Buffered Fibers are available in single-mode and multimode and enable easy, consistent stripping while the 2.0 mm subunits enable easy field terminations.
The fibers are surrounded by water-resistant, dielectric strength members and protected by a flexible, flame-retardant outer jacket. These cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC Article 770) and are OFNR and FT-4 listed and comply with the ICEA S-104-696 tests. The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding, and the small diameter and bend radius allow easy installation in space-constrained areas. FREEDM fan-out cables are also available with approval for TEMPEST applications.
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; CSA FT-4
• Fiber Category: 62.5 µm MM (OM1)
• Fiber Count: 216
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Number of Tube Positions: 18
• Number of Active Tubes: 18
• Subunit Color: Black
• Operation: -50 °C to 70 °C (-58 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 169 kg/km (113 lb/1000 ft)
• Fiber Category: OM1
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Wavelengths: 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 3.4 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet : 300 m / 550 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet : 33 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth : 200 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB): 220 MHz*km / - MHz*km