Corning FREEDM® LST™ gel-free interlocking armored cables are flame-retardant, indoor/outdoor, riser-rated cables designed for interbuilding and intrabuilding backbones in aerial, duct and riser applications. Encased in a spirally wrapped, aluminum interlocking armor for ruggedness and superior crush resistance, these cables are ideal for industrial and heavy traffic areas and installations requiring extra protection for optical cables and for high-fiber-count trunking applications in areas with limited conduit or vault space. The riser rating precludes the need for a transition splice when entering the building.
These cables are protected against water penetration by innovative waterblocking tapes and yarns that swell to absorb water without the use of messy gels to provide more efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation. This waterblocking technology makes cable access easier and simplifies the use of buffer tube fan-out kits. The buffer tubes and fibers in each tube are color coded for quick, easy identification. The SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates fibers from installation, environmental rigors and allows for easy mid-span access.
The cable design is also National Electrical Code® (NEC®) listed (OFCR and FT-4) and meets NEC Article 770. The flexible, interlocking armored design offers over seven times the crush protection compared to unarmored cables (as characterized to ICEA-696) and allows easy one-step installation, thereby reducing the overall installation costs. The UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket is rugged, durable and easy to strip.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: multimode (OM1)
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNR
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696
• Fiber Count: 4
• Fibers per Tube: 4
• Number of Active Tubes 1
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 182 kg/km (122 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category:62.5 µm MM (OM1)
• Wavelengths: 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 3.0 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet: 300 m / 550 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet: 33 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth: 200 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB): 220 MHz*km / - MHz*km