Corning FREEDM® loose tube gel-free plenum cables are flame-retardant, indoor/outdoor, plenum-rated cables suitable for installation in interbuilding and intrabuilding backbones in aerial, duct and riser or plenum applications. The loose tube design offers mechanical ruggedness and environmental durability while the all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding. The water-swellable yarn eliminates the need for gel-filling compound and allows more efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation.The 250 μm color-coded fibers allow quick and easy identification during installation.
The flexible, flame-retardant outer jacket is UV-resistant and enables direct exposure to sunlight. Interlocking armor is available for special applications requiring additional mechanical durability. The plenum rating of this cable eliminates the need to transition splice when entering the building and minimizes routing restrictions once inside the building. Meeting the requirements of the National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770, the cables are also OFNP and FT-6 listed.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: Single-mode(OS2)
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNR
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696
• Fiber Count: 72
• Fibers per Tube: 12
• Number of Active Tubes 6
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 143 kg/km (96 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category:G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.4 dB/km / 0.4 dB/km / 0.3 dB/km