Corning FREEDM® loose tube gel-free interlocking armored cables are flame-retardant, indoor/outdoor, plenum-rated cables for interbuilding and intrabuilding backbones in aerial, duct and riser applications. Encased in a spirally wrapped, aluminum interlocking armor for ruggedness and superior crush resistance, these cables are ideal for industrial and heavy traffic areas and installations requiring extra protection for optical cables and for high-fiber-count trunking applications in areas with limited conduit or vault space. The plenum rating precludes the need for a transition splice when entering the building.
These cables are available in fiber counts up to 72 fibers and are protected against water penetration by innovative waterblocking materials. These materials swell to absorb water without the use of messy gels to provide more efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation, making cable access easier and simplifies the use of buffer tube fan-out kits. The buffer tubes and fibers in each tube are color coded for quick, easy identification. The SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates fibers from installation, environmental rigors and allows for easy midspan access. Available in 50 μm, 62.5 μm, single-mode and hybrid, the cable design is National Electrical Code® (NEC®) listed.
The armored design allows for easy one-step installation which reduces overall installation costs. The UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket is rugged and easy to strip.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: Single mode (OS2)
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNR
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696
• Fiber Count: 24
• Fibers per Tube: 12
• Number of Active Tubes 2
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 1350 N (300 lbf) / Long-Term 400 N (90 lbf)
• Weight: 257 kg/km (172.6 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category:G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.4 dB/km / 0.4 dB/km / 0.3 dB/km