Corning 12 F FREEDM® One interlocking armored cables are flame-retardant, indoor/outdoor cables designed for interbuilding and intrabuilding backbone installations that eliminate the need for a transition splice when entering the building. Encased in a spirally wrapped, aluminum interlocking armor for ruggedness and superior crush resistance, these cables are ideal for industrial and heavy traffic areas and installations requiring extra protection for optical cables. These cables are protected against water penetration by innovative waterblocking technology, making them ideal for OSP applications. The flexible, interlocking armored design offers over seven times the crush protection compared to unarmored cables (as characterized to ICEA-696) and allows easy one-step installation, thereby reducing overall installation costs. The UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket is rugged, durable and easy to strip.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640
• Fiber Count: 12
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 114.3 kg/km (76.8 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.65 dB/km / 0.65 dB/km / 0.50 dB/km