Corning industrial LSZH™ fiber optic cables are designed for industrial building backbones and harsh environments atypical of traditional datacom systems. Based on proven stranded loose tube cable designs, these tray-rated industrial cables are flame-retardant and have been tested to meet mechanical/ environmental conditions exceeding the requirements set for traditional datacom cables. They have also demonstrated superior performance levels when tested to specified “tray” application requirements for compressive loading, cyclic impact and chemical resistance. The 250 μm color-coded individual fibers offer quick and easy identification during installation.
Corning industrial LSZH cables provide life-safety benefits for industrial applications through the cables’ construction. Many traditional data communication cables contain halogens in the jacket compound, which pose little risk in the controlled and protected environment of typical building air spaces, such as behind walls, under floors and in conduit. However, cables deployed in industrial applications, particularly on the plant floor, are typically exposed to greater risk of fire, extreme temperatures or chemical exposure. This often makes halogen cables inappropriate for industrial environments. When cables containing halogens ignite, they emit highly reactive gases that can be harmful if inhaled. When halogens combine with water, acids are formed. These acids damage both living tissue and inorganic materials, such as metal and electronic equipment.
Corning industrial LSZH cables eliminate these risks in the event of a fire in the industrial environment. In addition, the LSZH compound does not drip when superheated; the material burns to ash, eliminating the onset of secondary fires.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: multimode (OM3)
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNR
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696
• Fiber Count: 36
• Fibers per Tube: 12
• Number of Active Tubes 3
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 349 kg/km (234 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category:50 µm MM (OM3)
• Wavelengths: 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 3.0 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet: 1000 m / 600 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet: 300 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth: 1500 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB): 2000 MHz*km / - MHz*km