All-in-one handheld network and fiber testing
The industry’s smallest handheld, dual-port 100G test instrument can test throughout the life cycle of a network service, including fiber testing, service activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Equipped with latest technology interfaces including SFP/SFP+/SFP28 and QSFP+/QSFP28/CFP4, the 5800-100G provides the investment protection needed to manage network growth while keeping customer satisfaction high. With advanced test features such as Optics self-test, Ethernet line rate capture/decode, and OTN Check, technicians can now test their networks faster and more accurately than ever before.
• Simplifies multitechnology testing with an all-in-one dual-100 G handheld
• Optimized for field use with a multitouch screen, scripted workflows, and clear results
• Supports efficient best practices with repeatable methods and procedures
• Speeds fiber characterization, Ethernet service activation, and troubleshooting tests
• Mobile and backhaul characterization, validation, and troubleshooting
• Converged Ethernet/IP network testing and troubleshooting at 10 Mbps to 100 G interfaces
• Fiber link characterization and troubleshooting
• Installation and maintenance of OTN and legacy SONET/SDH and TDM/PDH networks
• Supports comprehensive rate testing ranging from DSx/PDH (1.5M/2M) through to 112G OTU4.
• Saves time with the industry’s fastest RFC 2544 and Y.1564 SAMComplete™ Ethernet service-activation test including nanosecond-accurate latency measurements. Also supports RFC 6349 TrueSpeed
• Ensures QSFP+/QSFP28 and CFP4 modules run error-free with the field optimized Optics Self-Test
• Provides speed and efficiency in testing OTN service activation with the OTN Check workflow automated script
• Supports VIAVI’s 4100-Series OTDR and COSA modules with Smart Link Mapper™, fiber microscopes, and optical power meters
• Tests synchronization and timing using the TEM (Timing Expansion Module)