The FutureCom™ S/FTP 550/23 cable is designed for applications up to 550 MHz and its transmission characteristics exceed Category 6A specifications according to EN 50288-10-1 and IEC 61156-5
High system margins for the complete link according to ISO/IEC 11801 (Edition 2.2: 2011) and EN 50173 (Series) will be achieved by using corresponding hardware together with this high-end copper cable.
Due to the very low delay skew between the pairs these FutureCom cables are especially suitable for Gigabit Ethernet and also for transmission of digital data for future applications up to 10 Gigabit Ethernet according to IEEE 802.3an. The cable has a streamlined construction and low weight.
Each pair is individually foil shielded. The stranded pairs (PiMF) are also sheathed with a braid shield (S/FTP), which guarantees outstanding shielding characteristics. The cable satisfies Class B interference radiation standards according to EN 55022, as well as immunity according to EN 55024, which enables the realisation of CE-compatible networks.
• S/FTP 550/23 cable specified up to 550 MHz
• Fulfills all requirements according to standards EN 50288-10-1 up to 500 MHz and IEC 61156-5
• Each twisted pair is shielded with metal foil (PIMF)
• Wire colour coding: white/blue, white/orange, white/green, white/brown
• Full copper braid shield
• Complete shielding with tinned copper braid shield (coverage approx. 60 %)
• Halogen-free (LSZH™)
• Flame retardant according to IEC 60332-3-24 and EN 50266-2-4
• Non-corrosive according to IEC 60754-2 (FRNC) and EN 50267
• Low smoke according to IEC 61034 and EN 50268
• No development of toxic gases in case of fire
• Streamlined design, lightweight
• Low skew between the pairs
• Outstanding electrical characteristics