Available models: FTB-720G, FTB-720G+, FTB-730G and FTB-730G+
All-in-one Ethernet/optical solution for field technicians installing, testing and troubleshooting FTTx, fronthaul, backhaul, small-cell, DAS, remote radio head and data center networks, in addition to OTN, SONET/SDH, Fibre Channel, GigE and 10 GigE, CPRI/OBSAI and SyncE/1588 PTP services, with the added support of OTDR and iOLM capabilities.
THE ULTRA-PORTABLE CHOICE FOR MULTISERVICE TESTING
The ongoing transition towards a converged network infrastructure for optical, SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and packet-based Ethernet services requires a test tool that can cover a wide range of interfaces and rates without sacrificing portability, speed or cost. Leveraging the powerful FTB-1 handheld platform, the FTB-700G Series streamlines processes and empowers field technicians to efficiently test and validate optical, SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel, CPRI/OBSAI and Ethernet circuits.
REMOVING THE COMPLEXITY FROM THE OTDR
Using a unique and patented automated multipulse and multi-wavelength acquisition approach, the field-proven iOLM surpasses the traditional OTDR and linear view for expert-level link characterization of any fiber network. This dynamic OTDR-based application uses EXFO’s most advanced algorithms to deliver detailed information and maximum resolution on every element of the link. Thanks to its unmatched intelligence and simplicity, the iOLM converts complex OTDR tests into clear and accurate go/no-go results, through a single button operation.
POWERFUL AND FAST
The FTB-700G Series comprises fully integrated optical, SONET/SDH, OTN, Fiber Channel, CPRI and Ethernet handheld testers. It offers the industry’s largest touchscreen and unprecedented configuration simplicity via a hybrid touchscreen/keypad navigation interface. Platform connectivity is abundant via 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet or USB ports, making the testers accessible in any environment. Setting a New GUI Standard: Unprecedented Simplicity in Configuration Setup and Navigation The FTB-700G Series intelligent situational-configuration setup feature guides technicians through complete, accurate testing processes (suggestion prompts, help guides, etc.). It reduces navigation by combining associated testing functions on a single screen, and offers intelligent autodiscovery that allows a single technician to perform end-to-end testing.
• Dynamic range up to either 36 or 39 dB
• Test through high-port-count splitters (up to 1×128)
• Combined singlemode/multimode wavelengths
• Event dead zone as low as 0.8 m
• iOLM-ready: one-touch multiple acquisitions, clear go/no-go results presented in a straightforward visual format
• Integrated tool combines a visual fault locator, inspection probe, broadband power meter and a CW source mode
• Comprehensive test for DSn/PDH, ISDN, SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel, CPRI & Ethernet interfaces up to 11.3 Gbit/s
• Faster Ethernet service activation with bidirectional EtherSAM (ITU-T Y.1564) and RFC 2544 test suites, multistream traffic generation, Through mode and BER testing
• True wire-speed, stateful TCP throughput test based on RFC 6349 for undisputable SLA enforcement of Ethernet services
• FTTA validation from 1.2 Gbit/s to 9.8 Gbit/s via layer-2 CPRI protocol and unframed BER testing
• Full line-rate packet capture and advanced ﬁltering from 10M to 10G
• Packet synchronization turn-up and troubleshooting (SyncE/1588 PTP)
• Carrier Ethernet OAM testing covering Y.1731, MPLS-TP, MEF and 802.1ag standards
• OTN testing (as per ITU-T G.709) including forward error correction (FEC)
• Efficiently assess Fibre Channel networks with best-in-class coverage via 1×, 2×, 4×, 8× and 10× interfaces
• Layer-2 transparency testing with predeﬁned conﬁgurations
• Characterize the physical layer, activate, validate and troubleshoot cloud, business and mobile services
• Comprehensive testing across 10 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s network environments
• Connecdtor Inspection and Analysis
• Power Management and Loss
• Visual Fault Locator
• FTTA RRH validation using BBU/eNodeB emulation of the layer-2 CPRI protocol
• (see spec sheet for more)