High-resolution OTDR covering longer metro distances and ITU-based CWDM networks.
No-Compromise Versatility for Metro and Long-Haul Testing
Today’s fiber networks integrate long-haul, CWDM and metro applications, making OTDR versatility a must. While long-haul architectures require high dynamic range values to reach greater distances, metro links demand an OTDR offering good resolution (short dead zones) due to the proximity of many connection points. Up to now, OTDR users had to compromise on one or the other and buy two units—a choice that they no longer have to make. The FTB-7400E OTDR combines EXFO’s renowned optical performance and unparalleled software analysis with both short dead zones and high dynamic range values, delivering the versatility needed to test long-haul, CWDM and metro links with a single OTDR. In addition, the FTB-7400E lets you test CWDM networks with wavelength configurations that comply with the ITU G.694.2 CWDM grid. With high dynamic range and short dead zones, the FTB-7400E measures end-to-end loss through multiplexers and demultiplexers, helping service providers speed up troubleshooting and maintain first-class quality of service (QoS) standards.
• Industry-leading linearity of ±0.03 dB/dB
• Up to 256 000 sampling points
• Event dead zone of 0.8 m and attenuation dead zone of 4 m
• Low-water-peak fiber testing at 1383 nm
• Dynamic range of up to 42 dB for long-haul testing
• Tests through CWDM-based multiplexers and demultiplexers at all 16 ITU-recommended wavelengths
• EXFO Connect-compatible: automated asset management; data goes through the cloud and into a dynamic database
• iOLM-ready: one-touch multiple acquisitions, with clear go/no-go results presented in a straightforward visual format
• Metro/core network testing
• CWDM network testing