Corning 1 F ClearCurve® rugged drop cables are part of a product family developed to solve the challenges associated with multidwelling unit (MDU) deployments. Enabled by a truly bend-insensitive fiber, this rugged drop cable can be bent to a minimum bend radius of 5 mm (0.2 in) and be directly staped to wall studs and rafters with standard cable stapes and hardware-store variety staple guns.
The cable consists of a single bend-insensitive fiber tight-buffered with a 900 µm jacket, surrounded by dielectric strength members and an outer flame-retardant jacket. Two versions are available. The first is an indoor-only version available with a standard yellow jacket or an optional neutral jacket. The second is an indoor/outdoor version that is fully waterblocked with a black UV-resistant outer jacket. Both versions are riser-rated (OFNR) for vertical riser and general-purpose horizontal applications.
The product is available in convenient contractor-sized packaging for easy field deployment and features bend-insenstive single-mode fiber, which enables installers to route the subunit around tight corners down to 5 mm (0.2 in) radius inside the home.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
• Fiber Category: SMF-28® Ultra fiber
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFCR, CSA FT-4
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; CSA FT-4
• Fiber Count: 1
• Fiber Coloring: White
• Subunit Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 21 kg/km (13.7 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: G.657.B3/G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.4 dB/km / 0.4 dB/km / 0.3 dB/km
• Typical Attenuation: 0.35 dB/km / 0.35 dB/km / 0.20 dB/km