Corning 36 F FREEDM® one unitized riser cables are flame-retardant, UV-resistant, indoor/outdoor cables designed for aerial, duct and direct-buried applications with no need for a transition splice when entering the building. Available in fiber counts of 36, 48 and 72 fibers, the tight-buffered construction facilitates easy termination for high-fiber-count applications in the local area network (LAN) and eliminates the need for fan-out kits. The design features TIA-598 color-coded 900 μm TBII® buffered fibers for easy identification, consistent stripping and direct termination.
Available in 50 μm, 62.5 μm, single-mode and hybrid versions, the cable design meets ICEA S-104-696 test criteria and is also OFNR and FT-4 listed for riser and general purpose use. The small diameter and bend radius of the cable allow for easy installation in space-constrained areas while the innovative waterblocking technology is ideal for OSP applications. The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding, and the UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket is rugged, durable and easy to strip. This cable is also available with interlocking armor for special applications requiring additional mechanical durability.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – Blue, Orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: SMF-28® Ultra fiber
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFCR, CSA FT-4
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; CSA FT-4
• Fiber Count: 36
• Number of Active Tubes: 6
• Fibers per Subunit: 6
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange,green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose, aqua
• Subunit Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 190.79 kg/km (128.2 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: G.652.D/G.657.A1
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.65 dB/km / 0.65 dB/km / 0.50 dB/km