Corning 48 F FREEDM® one unitized riser cables are flame-retardant, UV-resistant, indoor/outdoor cables designed for aerial, duct and direct-buried applications with no need for a transition splice when entering the building. Available in fiber counts of 36, 48 and 48 Fibers, the tight-buffered construction facilitates easy termination for high-fiber-count applications in the local area network (LAN) and eliminates the need for fan-out kits. The design features TIA-598 color-coded 900 μm TBII® buffered fibers for easy identification, consistent stripping and direct termination.
Available in 50 μm, 62.5 μm, single-mode and hybrid versions, the cable design meets ICEA S-104-696 test criteria and is also OFNR and FT-4 listed for riser and general purpose use. The small diameter and bend radius of the cable allow for easy installation in space-constrained areas while the innovative waterblocking technology is ideal for OSP applications. The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding, and the UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket is rugged, durable and easy to strip. This cable is also available with interlocking armor for special applications requiring additional mechanical durability.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – Blue, Orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: 62.5 µm MM (OM1)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640
• Fiber Count: 48
• Number of Active Tubes: 8
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange,green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose, aqua
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 270.5 kg/km (181.8 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: OM1
• Wavelengths: 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 2.8 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet: 300 m / 550 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet: 33 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth: 200 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB): 220 MHz*km / - MHz*km