Corning 144 F FREEDM® ribbon riser cables are lightweight cables designed for indoor/outdoor installations such as campus backbones in aerial, duct and riser applications. A UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket allows added flexibility in placing this cable outdoors, whether it is an aerial, duct or direct-buried application, or indoor general horizontal or riser applications.
The cable consists of a ribbon stack of 12-fiber ribbons within a gel-filled central buffer tube. With easily accessible individual 250 μm colored fibers, the ribbons have readily identifiable ribbon ID numbers and fiber colors.
The precise fiber and ribbon geometries result in excellent mass splicing yields. Surrounding the tube are dielectric strength members that provide tensile strength and innovative waterblocking tapes that reduce cable weight and preparation time. This design is also compatible with standard ribbon cable procedures and hardware for easy field installation and reduced labor costs.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; CSA FT-4
• Fiber Category: 50 µm MM (OM4+)
• Fiber Count: 144
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Number of Tube Positions: 12
• Number of Active Tubes: 12
• Subunit Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 175 kg/km (118 lb/1000 ft)
• Fiber Category: OM4 Extended Distance
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Wavelengths: 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 3.0 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet : 1100 m / 600 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet : 600 m / - m
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth : 3500 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB): 5350 MHz*km / - MHz*km