Corning 648 F FREEDM® UltraRibbon™ Gel-Filled Cable,Riser cables continue the innovative breakthrough in indoor/outdoor cable technology with a new generation of high-fiber-count single tube cables. These cables are designed to maximize the use of critical duct space with excellent installation results. Encased in spirally -wrapped aluminum interlocking armor for ruggedness and superior crush resistance,
the cables are ideal for industrial and heavy traffic areas and installations requiring extra protection for optical cables. The UV-resistant, flame-retardant jacket allows this cable to be installed outdoors or in indoor general purpose horizontal and riser applications. The cable employs a single buffer tube containing a stack of 12 fiber ribbons within a gel-filled central buffer tube.
Note: This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables while still providing all of the required environmental protection of an indoor/outdoor cable jacket. Black is the standard jacket color using the part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: 9 µm SM (OS2)
• Fiber Count: 648
• Ribbons per tube : 6 and 14
• Fibres per Ribbon : 24 and 36
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, orange, green, brown, grey, white, red, black, yellow, violet, pink, turquoise
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Max. Tensile Strength,: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 890 N (200 lbf)
• Weight: 569 kg/km (382 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Outer jacket material: Flame-Retardant, UV-Resistant