Corning 1 F SST-Drop™ indoor/outdoor toneable cables provide the simple installation offered by standard SST-Drop cables designed for rugged outdoor environments and compact drop cables designed for challenging indoor bend environments.
The design features a gel-free, fully waterblocked, UV-resistant 2.9 mm riser-rated (OFNR) drop cable centered inside a traditional SST-Drop toneable cable. Designed to meet industry-standard requirements for outdoor and indoor drop cables,
the product eliminates the need for termination to transition from the outdoor environment to an indoor ONT. The toneable version can be clearly detected in underground installations with a toning conductor that can be easily separated.
The product is available in convenient contractor-sized packaging for easy field deployment and features bend-insenstive single-mode fiber, which enables installers to route the subunit around tight corners down to 5 mm (0.2 in) radius inside the home.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: ClearCurve® ZBL Single-mode (OS2)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640
• Fiber Count: 1
• Fiber Coloring: White
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 35 kg/km (24 lb/1000 ft)
• Fiber Category: G.657.B3/G.652.D
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU