Reel in a Box is Corning's innovative packaging solution for small reels of fiber optic cable in all inside plant applications, such as collocation data centers and wireless projects. This packaging solution provides features that enable our customers greater efficiencies than before.
Corning FREEDM® fan-out cables are designed for routing inside and outside buildings into riser spaces, to security, surveillance or monitoring cameras, and within telecommunications rooms and workstations. With no need for transition splices when entering a building, this cable provides low-fiber-count connections within building backbone riser and horizontal spaces. The indoor/outdoor temperature and water-resistant performance provides superior protection for applications, like traffic control, with optical feeds in rugged environments.
Ideal for providing direct optical connections from indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras to security control locations, these cables can also provide a secure link for surveillance or data. The flame-retardant, 900 μm TBII Buffered Fibers are available in single-mode and multimode and enable easy, consistent stripping while the 2.0 mm subunits enable easy field terminations.
The fibers are surrounded by water-resistant, dielectric strength members and protected by a flexible, flame-retardant outer jacket. These cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC Article 770) and are OFNR and FT-4 listed and comply with the ICEA S-104-696 tests. The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding, and the small diameter and bend radius allow easy installation in space-constrained areas. FREEDM fan-out cables are also available with approval for TEMPEST applications
Features And Benefits
• "Countdown" print indicates available cable remaining on the reel providing easier inventory management
• Stackable boxes make storage more manageable
• Smaller reel offerings mean smaller cable lengths than would normally be available
• Cable cutting at Corning lowers operating expenses for our distributors and end users
• Approval and Listings National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNR, CSA FT-4
• Design and Test Criteria ICEA S-104-696
• Flame Resistance UL-1666 (for riser and general building applications)