Reel in a Box is Corning's innovative packaging solution for small reels of fiber optic cable in all inside plant applications, such as collocation data centers and wireless projects. This packaging solution provides features that enable our customers greater efficiencies than before.
Corning MIC® plenum cables are designed for use in plenum, riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. These multifiber cables use 900 μm buffered fibers to allow easy, consistent stripping and to facilitate termination. The fibers are surrounded by dielectric strength members and protected by a flame-retardant outer jacket.
The all-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding. MIC plenum cables are ideal for routing inside buildings, within plenum areas and riser shafts, to the telecommunications rooms and workstations. The MIC plenum cables meet the application requirements of the National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770 and are OFNP and FT-6 listed.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Count: 4
• Fiber Category : 50 µm MM (OM2)
• Fiber Coloring : Blue, Orange, Green, Brown
• Outer Jacket Color : Aqua
• Fiber Length : 450 m (1500 ft)
• Temperature Range, Operation : 0 °C to 70 °C (32 °F to 158 °F)
• Max. Tensile Strength, Short-Term 440 N (100 lbf) / Long-Term 132 N (30 lbf)
• Wavelengths : 850 nm / 1300 nm
• Maximum Attenuation : 2.8 dB/km / 1.0 dB/km
• Serial 1 Gigabit Ethernet : 750 m / 600 m
• Serial 10 Gigabit Ethernet : 150 m / -
• Min. Overfilled Launch (OFL) Bandwidth : 700 MHz*km / 500 MHz*km
• Minimum Effective Modal Bandwidth (EMB) : 950 MHz*km / -
• "Countdown" print indicates available cable remaining on the reel providing easier inventory management
• Stackable boxes make storage more manageable
• Smaller reel offerings mean smaller cable lengths than would normally be available
• Cable cutting at Corning lowers operating expenses for our distributors and end users
• Approval and Listings National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFNP, CSA FT-6, ICEA S-83-596
• Flame Resistance NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications)