Corning MIC® 18 F interlocking armored plenum cables are designed for use in plenum, riser and general purpose environments for intrabuilding backbone and horizontal installations. These multifiber cables use individually jacketed TBII® buffered fibers enabling easy, consistent stripping and facilitating termination. The fibers are grouped into jacketed subunits and surrounded by a dielectric central member.
The core is protected by a flexible, spirally wrapped, aluminum interlocking armor that offers easy, one-step installation and over seven times the crush protection of unarmored cables. With a flame-retardant outer jacket, this cable is particularly useful for heavy traffic or more challenging mechanical exposure conditions and applications requiring extra rugged cables.
This cable is available in 12 different jacket colors – blue, orange, green, brown, slate, white, red, black, yellow, violet, rose and aqua. The colored jacket allows for easy visual identification of the cables. The standard jacket color will be determined by the dominant fiber type in the cable and will use the standard part numbers shown here.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: Single-mode (OS2)
• Standards: according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-87-640
• Fiber Count: 18
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White
• Outer Jacket Color: Yellow
• Operation: 0 °C to 70 °C (32 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight: 151 kg/km (102 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category: G.652.D
• Wavelengths: 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation: 0.65 dB/km / 0.65 dB/km / 0.50 dB/km
• Aluminum interlocking armor
Seven times crush protection compared to unarmored
• TBII buffered fibers
Easy, consistent stripping
• Flame-retardant jacket
Rugged and durable
• Approval and Listings: National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFCP, CSA FT-4, ICEA S-104-696
• Flame Resistance: NFPA 262 (for plenum, riser and general building applications)