Corning SOLO® ADSS optical cables are all-dielectric, self-supporting (ADSS) cables designed for easy and economical one-step installation in campus backbones with self-supporting installations where metallic messengers cannot be used.
The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber.
The cable design can span distances in excess of 500 m (1650 ft) in NESC heavy conditions.
This cable incorporates innovative waterblocking materials, eliminating the need for traditional flooding compound and providing efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation. While the concentric, self-supporting cable design allows easy, one-step installation using standard hardware and installation methods, the SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates optical fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates mid-span access. The ADSS optical cables are also available with a proprietary track-resistant polyethylene (TRPE) jacket suitable for installation in electric field potentials up to 25 kV.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category : Single-mode (OS2)
• Standards : according to National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Article 770
• Design and Test Criteria : IEC 60794-5-10
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Slate, White, Red, Black, Yellow, Violet, Rose, Aqua
• Fiber Count : 36
• Number of Tube Positions : 6
• Number of Active Tubes : 3
• Outer Jacket Color : Black
• Operation : -40 °C to 70 °C (-40 °F to 158 °F )
• Weight : 138 kg/km (93 lb/1000 ft)
• RoHS : Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category : G.652.D
• Wavelengths : 1310 nm / 1383 nm / 1550 nm
• Maximum Attenuation : 0.4 dB/km / 0.4 dB/km / 0.3 dB/km
• Loose tube design , Mechanical ruggedness and environmental durability
• Self-supporting , Easy, one-step installation
• Track-resistant polyethylene (TRPE) jacket available , Suitable for installations up to 25 kV electric field potential
• Innovative waterblocking design , Provides efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation