Corning 4 F cables can be employed outdoors for campus backbone.
The loose tube cable construction, by isolating the fibers from installations and environmental rigors, provides stable and highly reliable transmission parameters.
The cable construction, based on a central buffer tube, is very compact, light and flexible and ideal for connections requiring a moderate fiber count.
The cables can be installed in conduits, ducts and be buried directly in the ground.
Features And Benefits
• Fiber Category: SM (OS2)
• Standards:National Electrical Code® (NEC®) OFCR, CSA FT-4
• Design and Test Criteria: ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; CSA FT-4
• Fiber Count: 4
• Fiber Coloring: Blue, Orange, Green, Brown
• Outer Jacket Color: Black
• Operation: -20 °C to 60 °C
• Max. Tensile Strength: Short-Term 2700 N (600 lbf) / Long-Term 810 N (180 lbf)
• Weight: 34 kg/km
• RoHS: Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2011/65/EU
• Fiber Category:OS2
• Waterblocking technology
Outside Plant (OSP) applications
• All-dielectric construction
Requires no grounding or bonding
• UV and microbe resistant
Can be directly buried or installed in ducts
• Laminated swelling glass yarns
Improved rodent resistance and longitudinal water protection
• Small diameter and bend radius
Easy installation in space-constrained areas
• Fibers color coding to Telcordia-Bellcore
Easy identification of the individual fiber